Application for Minister of Justice and Witness at Clackamas United Church of Christ
Candidate should have the ability to perform the following duties, or willingness to learn how to do them. This is a 15 hour a week position and is a temporary contracted position with no benefits. The ideal candidate will already be familiar with Clackamas UCC, both our local congregation and our online community, and have prior experience with many of these duties in relation to our congregation. This application, along with a resume, is due on August 3rd to Pastor Adam Ericksen at email@example.com.
- Lead the Justice and Witness Committee.
- Promote to Clackamas UCC Portland area justice events and be involved with local area justice groups. (examples include: Protests, IMIrJ, Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon, Storyline Community, and others of interest.)
- Attend Council meetings.
- Organize once a month (or more) justice and witness events at Clackamas UCC, depending upon and keeping in mind safety during pandemics. (examples include: Movie nights, game nights, protests by the road.)
- Work with the pastor sharing online, onsite, and other duties. (Examples include: Bible studies, check in and prayer time, possible posts on social media, help with online justice conversations, worship services, and other opportunities as desired.)
- Meet with pastor at least once a month and with staff relations committee when they are scheduled.
- Other duties TBD as time allows and as desired.
Please provide three reasons why you would like this position.
You will have at least one interview with members of the Staff Relations Committee.
Your Name: _____________________________________________
Clackamas United Church of Christ is a Just Peace Church. We live this out by intentionally seeking diversity within our congregation and on our staff. Your application is due by August 3rd to firstname.lastname@example.org.